Mel B admits the Spice Girls are yearning to be back on tour after successful show

Mel B says she wants to get the Spice Girls back on the road after loving last year’s tour, which was “too short”.

SpiceWorld 2019 raked in £65million as Scary, 44, was reunited with Ginger, Sporty and Baby.

They played 13 sell-out dates – including three nights at Wembley.

Mel said: “I want it to happen again, like, tomorrow. I miss it. I really miss it. I loved being on tour.”

And Sporty Spice Mel C added: “We’re doing everything in our power to do it again.”

Telling how much she enjoyed the shows during a live stream with Sporty, Mel said: “It was nuts."

Geri Horner, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Melanie Chisholm of the Spice Girls
(Image: PA)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Victoria Beckham phones Brooklyn for advice as he self-isolates away from family

Read More
Related Articles


  • Geri Horner unveils touching handwritten note to NHS workers during coronavirus outbreak

She added: "I think 13 shows was too short, even though we did not set out to do more than one. I hope we do more.

“It was beautiful. We were all knackered after every show as we put everything on the stage, for everyone to take home.”

Mel B, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell and Melanie C of The Spice Girls
(Image: Getty)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Victoria Beckham shares epic throwback snap as she begins working from home

Sporty, 46, told of her regrets that they did not film the tour for a DVD because they “did not get our sh** together”.

She said: “Things were difficult behind the scenes. We never got round to it, sadly. We were so focused on having an incredible show.

"It was complicated… as we had new management. It was a crazy time. Basically we didn't get our sh** together."

Mel B
(Image: Getty)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Mel C opens up about 'painful memories' and admits her life is a work in progress

She added: "We have some personal behind the scenes footage and would like to release that as time goes by. As for a big show, sadly that won’t happen and we are gutted. I regret that we did not do that.”

Last year’s line-up was missing Posh as Victoria Beckham declined to join them.

Read More
Showbiz editor's picks

  • Ange bans Jen from seeing Brad's kids

  • Piers tells Sam Smith to get a grip

  • Linda Lusardi hospitalised

  • BBC shakes up Saturday night

Sporty said: “We would have loved Victoria to be part of it but respect her decision. We weren’t here in full. She was with us in spirit, I do believe.”

The band last performed as the classic five-piece at the closing party for the 2012 London Olympics.

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at  webcelebs@trinitymirror.com  or call us direct 0207 29 33033

Veröffentlicht am Kategorien Star-News