G-Eazy to provide free meals to children in San Francisco for a month amid COVID-19 pandemic

G-Eazy is providing free meals to children in San Francisco for a month amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The 30-year-old Bay Area native will be providing food for local at-risk youths through his Endless Summer Fund charity according to TMZ on Thursday.

He will be partnering with Larkin Street Youth Services to fund a local food truck that will help reach members of the community who cannot easily access meals at Larkin’s walk-in sites.

Sweet gesture: G-Eazy (seen in Miami back in January) is providing free meals to at-risk children in San Francisco for a month amid the COVID-19 pandemic according to a Thursday report from TMZ

The name of the fully equipped food truck is Mi Morena as the Endless Summer Fund will be paying for the service  to supply lunch 7 days a week during the duration of the city’s shelter-in-place order.

Larkin Youth Services is a nonprofit organization whose aim is to end youth homelessness in the Bay Area 

San Francisco, like many other major cities across the US, is in its tenth day of a lockdown imposed by a shelter-in-place order issued by the Department of Public Health.

Delicious: The 30-year-old rapper will be partnering with Larkin Street Youth Services to fund a local food truck, Mi Morena (pictured), that will help reach members of the community who cannot easily access meals at Larkin’s walk-in sites

It was one of the first cities to go into lockdown in a bid to stay ahead of the curve of infections.  

One million Californians have filed for unemployment benefits since March 13 as businesses shut down or dramatically scaled back because of a statewide ‘stay-at-home’ order.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom said yesterday that California is rapidly expanding its supply of equipment for health care workers and hospital beds in anticipation of the expected surge in patients that will come as more people are infected. 

Making moves: G-Eazy is seen out and about in LA earlier this month

Coronovirus cases in California are increasing as more testing is done. A tally by Johns Hopkins University counted nearly 3,000 infections and at least 65 deaths. 

Confirmed cases in the state are doubling every three to four days, according to California Health and Human Agency Secretary Dr Mark Ghaly.

California hospitals are preparing for a surge of patients, with state officials projecting the state will need an additional 50,000 hospital beds. 

Last week, Newsom announced the state had leased Seton Medical Center in Daly City, a hospital that was slated to close after its parent company filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday, Newsom said the 357-bed facility is operational.

Doing their part: San Francisco, like many other major cities across the US, is in its tenth day of a lockdown imposed by a shelter-in-place order issued by the Department of Public Health, as a nearly empty Montgomery Street is shown last week

Veröffentlicht am Kategorien Star-News